YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING
FULLY BEFORE CONTINUING!
It is your responsibility to ensure that when you arrive for your training you are dressed appropriately and have a roadworthy motorbike or scooter.
You must have the correct category license and insurance cover.
If you are not suitably dressed, your bike is not roadworthy or there is an issue with your license/insurance you may still be charged and you will have to wait for the next available training date and pay for that course as well.
GMTS has a strict code, in line with the local Government and there will be no exceptions made where the safety of students is involved.
All students must have read and understood the Highway Code and will be tested on their knowledge on day 2 of CBT, before the road ride section. The test consists of 20 multiple choice questions and is based on common road signs and junctions in Guernsey. The test does not cover any UK specific sections of the highway code, i.e. Motorways.
The pass-mark is 15 or higher correct answers, students who fail to achieve the pass-mark will not be allowed to continue to the road ride section of the course and will need to book to retake the test when they are confident of their knowledge.
- A pair of motorcycle boots or shoes, These MUST cover your ankles. (Ugg Boots and not permitted).
- Motorcycle trousers or jeans, a pair of heavy denim jeans – tight-fitting or ripped jeans are not acceptable, no leggings, jeggings, ski pants, tracksuit bottoms or joggers.
- Jacket – motorcycle or thick jacket – lightweight jackets/ski jackets are not acceptable as they offer little to no level of protection.
- Gloves – motorcycle gloves must be worn. No gloves no training.
- Helmet – must be in good condition, fit correctly and comply with the current EU Standard ECE 22.05/22.06 or British Standard BS 6658:1985 and carry the BSI Kitemark . The safety helmet visor or any other form of eye protection must also comply with EU safety standards.
Should you have any questions regarding clothing Instructors will be at GMTS at weekends and can discuss any issues or concerns you have.
On arrival your machine will be checked and must comply with the following basic requirements:
- Brakes – both front and rear brakes must be working, brake pads must be checked for wear and should be replaced if worn.
- Chain – should be lubricated and adjusted to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Electrics – working indicators, front and rear lights, brake lights when applying either the front or rear brake, working horn.
- Suspension – must not be leaking and suspension should operate smoothly.
- L Plates must be affixed to the machine securely, and in an upright position, at the front and rear.
- Mirrors – You should have 2 mirrors – students will benefit greatly from having a right and left mirror fitted.
- Tires – must be correctly inflated, have sufficient tread depth and not suffer from any damage or be in poor condition due to age.
- General condition – Loose bodywork, cables hanging loose or anything that may cause a danger to the rider or other trainees will not be allowed.
If in doubt whatsoever have the motorcycle/scooter assessed/checked by a qualified motorcycle mechanic.