The best motorcycle training in Guernsey!
GMTS have been offering motorcycle training in Guernsey for over 40 years and have a wealth of experience to get you started safely and quickly. We are the only authorised motorcycle training organisation in Guernsey.
Whether you are taking up riding a motorbike or scooter for the first time or you are an experienced rider planning to upgrade your licence, then we provide the top quality training you will need.
From January 2019 all students will be required to complete a highway code test consisting of 20 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 15 correct answers. Questions are based on road signs, junctions etc. that are relevant to Guernsey.
Students that score under 15 will not be able to complete the road ride element of CBT and will be required to book and retake the test once they the required understanding of the highway code!
As from 1st February 2018 we are no longer permitted to accept the “peach coloured” receipt for CBT and Direct Access. You MUST produce BOTH parts of your licence (plastic and paper counterpart)
Please be aware that your clothing must meet a minimum standard to ensure you are properly protected whist undertaking training with us. If you attend training and are not suitably dressed you will not be allowed to complete the training and will need to re-book.
Please refer to our FAQ’s page for more information. If you have any questions or require clarification please contact us. As a general guide the following is an indication of the minimum level of clothing that is acceptable:
- Motorcycle boots or sturdy footwear, that provide support and ankle protection.
- Leather/Textile motorcycle trousers or heavy denim trousers.
- Leather/Textile motorcycle jacket or heavy denim jacket with several layers underneath.
- Motorcycle gloves.
- Lightweight training shoes, canvas basket ball trainers/boat shoes.
- Any form of clothing with areas of exposed skin i.e. skirts or shorts.
- Tight fitting leggings/jeggings etc.
- A shell suit or lightweight tracksuit.
- Ripped jeans/trousers.
- Lightweight fleece or hoody.
- No gloves or ski gloves.